An Actual Update02 Dec 2015
So I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro, and in the time it took me to get the device, add in all my new stuff, migrate everything over, establish a new backup system, and contend with school work, this blog ended up becoming very neglected. It didn’t help matters much when I logged on from Safari and realised none of my fonts were working properly.
I believe I have now solved the font issue (woff files vs woff2 files), and I have completed all the setup of this system, including getting my ruby workflow transitioned. So, in theory, we will be able to get back to the good stuff here shortly.
I have recently joined a small game development startup with some very talented people, and was berated into using C++ for the game by the way this particular industry works, so you can expect some future posts about my frustrations with developing a cross platform game engine in C++.
The goal, for now, is to do the following:
- Write a post on backup software evaluation, and why I went with the software I did go with.
- Finish up the Icinga2 Tutorials that have driven quite a lot of traffic to this page.
- Write some stuff on game design.
So we will see how that works out. As always, thanks for reading.
P.S. I have decided that I don’t really like having analytics on this page, so over the next few days I am going to root through the code and remove them. Thank you for your patience.